1. Real life comes before the game! If you start to feel "obligated" to sign on at the expense of real life responsibilities, or if you neglect relationships to play… take a break from WoW. We love to have you with us, but do not wish you to ruin some or all of your life with excessive playing. If you feel you have a problem with this, come talk to any member of the Officer Team.
2. Respect your fellow guild members.Keep guild chats free of excessive swearing, heavily sexual themes, and hate speech (that is, speech that demeans any racial/cultural/minority group). We wish to maintain a welcoming environment for all! This also relates to member preferences regarding communication. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
3. You are required to have a character sheet posted to the forum for your main and any RP alts within Stormwind University.The template can be found here. We encourage any backstory or journal posts to provide insight into your character. This backstory need not be an epic production - a sound framework is acceptable.
4. This is a heavy RP guild, so we encourage and expect you to participate in RP activities. This does not mean you're required to be at every RP event, just that we don't want members who join us, remain silent, and do not participate in IC guild activities. We're friendly and welcoming people, so come chat and play with us!
5. We strongly encourage you to download either MyRolePlay or TRP add-ons to enhance your roleplay. This will allow you to write and post your character's story, appearance, and other information for others to read during role-play interactions. It can be downloaded from the following (safe) links:
6. We have rules and guidelines for our chat channels outlined below.
Guild: Guild chat is to be in character. Our RP explanation is that each of us carries a “ChatStone”, a spherical mechanical device that allows all faculty of Stormwind University to stay in touch. Only say things that your character would say or know. Emoticons and "l33t" speak are not permitted in this channel.
OOC Community: This channel is our “out of character” channel. Anything goes but rules regarding respect, privacy, and so on still apply.
Discord Server: This is where the majority of our communication outside of roleplay takes place. Similar rules apply as above. Please note that joining the guild-only Discord server is now a MANDATORY part of membership.
/s : Since we wish to present ourselves as an RP guild, members are encouraged to remain in character in the public "say" channel.
7. As a member of Stormwind University, you represent our guild with every interaction your character has in the game. While we don't require you to act in any specific way, we hope that you'll remember the core philosophy of Stormwind University and represent our guild in a good way. That said, acting OOCly in an excessively negative and nasty manner towards other players (in chat, trolling, griefing, and so on) can result in disciplinary actions up to and including removal from the guild.
8. Our guild is generally restricted to members aged 18 or older. If you have questions about this please contact the Dean or a Department Head.
9. When you join the guild, you will begin a 30-day trial membership. During this time, you'll have a chance to get to know us and to let us learn about yourself, and at some point either before or at the end of the 30 days, you'll either be asked to join as a full-fledged member, or politely asked to leave.
10. In order to remain a member of this guild, you must be active! Any member that does not sign on for more than 14 days without explanation will be removed from the guild, but will be welcome to return once they come back to WoW. If you need to leave for an extended period but would like to retain your membership, just let us know and we'll keep you in our roster in a special “Emeritus” rank for up to 3 months.
11. Please keep real life drama to a minimum. We come to this world to escape from the real world, and try to keep a fun and positive atmosphere here.
12. Breaking any of the rules, or other behavior that's excessively disruptive or impacts the guild in a negative way, may result in an intervention from a member of the guild's Officer Team! A first infraction will result in a warning. Repeated problems can result in penalties including demotion, suspension from guild activities, and even removal from the guild. This isn't something we want to do, so if you have any questions about the rules, please ask an Officer at any time!